Mark Tietbohl Bio
I am excited to keep developing this site on an ongoing basis. There are many great articles, this is one of my more recent favorites: The Customer Journey – Segmentation, Cohorts and Behavior Flow
- Currently a self-employed consultant and project manager.
- Projects include market diligence/discovery (trends, competition distribution, market segmentation, impact of technology, qualitative and quantitative interviews) and development of go-to-market strategies.
- Clients are generally private equity groups, investment banks holding portfolios and some private companies.
- I also serve as a part-time Instructor in the Integrated Marketing Communications Master’s program at West Virginia University (Mobile Marketing and Web Analytics/SEO), and an Adjunct Professor (part-time) at Lynn University (Global Marketing and Introduction to Marketing).
- Acted as an “intrapreneur” at Lowe’s Companies Inc. for 9+ years designing and launching new programs, including establishing communications and support infrastructure, go-to-market strategies, ongoing marketing efforts including traditional and digital advertising and social media platforms, building operating process and obtaining financing.
- Acted as the project manager for the Installed Services group on the launch of Lowe’s and the program into Canada.
- Worked as one of the key business leads to the omnichannel integration initiative for the last 3 years. During this time, we integrated Point of Sale, CRM, SVoC, CX, UX, Call center programs, several databases as well as an additional 180+ programs in the technology stack.
- Worked on the In-Home Selling Program, Centralized Project Management, 203K Financing and other programs.
- I have worked extensively with start-ups and early-stage companies in technology, services and manufacturing in cooperation with state and university-funded agencies, as well as venture capital, private equity and angel groups.
- The focus of work was aimed at uncovering growth, partnership and go-to-market strategies with the end goal of building actionable growth plans and value propositions.
- I also worked with Fortune 100 companies on market discovery projects.
- This period included a one-year stint as interim CMO of a fledgling CPG company.
- Formerly an innovative entrepreneur in the direct mail industry (12+ years). Build a company focused on fulfilling A/B/n tests for major marketing firms using direct mail, infomercials, broadcast media, and later, web marketing.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- New product and service development, rollout and commercialization
- Direct sales structure/process and relationship development, including building partnerships
- Ability to work successfully with start-up and early-stage firms, as well as mature organizations.
You can see more about what I do at https://www.linkedin.com/in/marktietbohl/